Wednesday 11 July 2012

It has begun!!!!!!!

Well the first step of my journey has begun. I woke up with Mum nagging me to get up "Come on Gen it's 8:30 get up" mind you I had actually set my alarm to 8:30. It was really 8:28. So this morning felt a little strange doing the final touches to may bags. Finally zip it up and go to weigh it (holding my breathe) reading 16 kilos. Talk about a sigh of relief. 16 kilos have never felt so heavy before.

So Dad and I get to the train station at Maryborough West to find that the train is running 10 minutes late so instead of departing at 11:05 we leave at 11:15. We arrive an hour early to book in our luggage. So now all we have to do is wait. So when our train arrives we eagerly get on board take our seats.

The carriage (F) wasn't too full but there was a two young sisters that were very energetic and might I say board. We order our lunch, Dad has Bangers and Mash and my first choice was Chicken Caesar Salad but much to my disappointment there are none left so I order Roast Chicken and Vegetables. Quite surprisingly everything in the meals were real.

So we continue along our journey finally arriving at Roma Street Station in Brisbane around 3:10 pm. Dad rang Anne Nugent to let her know that we have arrived in Brisbane. Then we had to catch the train on thee Ipswich line to Indoorpilly. So when we arrive at the station walk out and to our surprise there Anne is outside the station to meet us. So we walk back to her house (yes with our bags) and might I say a little further than I thought.

So after we get back and have a cuppa and a piece of Anne's delicious nut and fig cake. So after a while of chatting and catching up we all head into the kitchen to prepare dinner of pork meat balls with veggies and gravy and a Lemon Delicious for desert. Anne's Korean exchange students Hyosu (pronounced Chosu) and her boyfriend Tea (pronounced Tay) came over for dinner after spending 2 weeks travelling and visiting Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra and taking 10,000 photo's.

Well now I have to say that I am tired after my 4 hour train trip (How am I going to be after a flight to LA then to New York?!) So I'm going to have to go now. I actually hope that I don't sleep so much tonight so I will sleep on the plane. Well night all see you tomorrow night New York time and what ever time that will be in the wonderful land of Aus.

No comments:

Post a Comment